So he’s finally plucked up the courage and asked the question! Hooray!!
You said YES! Now what?
Here’s a few tips from the team at Bella Bridal that we hope will answer all your engagement questions.
Here’s 7 steps on what to do after he’s popped the question! Call all of your closest family members and friends!
- Call all of your closest family members and friends!
- Make sure you update your closest family members and friends about your big news before you update your Facebook status! You definitely do not want to deal with the drama that comes with when your dentist finds out about your engagement before granny does!!
2. Get that big sparkler insured!
- Worst come to worst and something terrible happens to your ring such as losing a stone or two, or it falling down the drain you’ll be oh so thankful that you got it insured!
- Now you’re engaged EVERYONE’S eyes are going to be on your hand! So get the girls together and don’t be afraid to spend a bit of dosh on a professional manicure so you can start flaunting that rock!
4. Dream Away!
- This is the fun part! This is the time where you finally get to start planning the wedding that you’ve secretly been planning since you were 12! Create a Pinterest account and create boards full of ideas that you want to include in your big day! Have fun – you can narrow it down once you’ve picked your venue! (You’ll find some of Bella’s wedding Pinterest boards on Facebook so feel free to have a look!)
5. Getting down to the nitty-gritty!
- Your venue will influence everything from colour schemes to the style of your dress! Make sure that you set yourself a reasonable wedding budget, have a rough guest list and have a range of dates in mind before you look at venues. (Do you want a warm summer garden wedding or a magical winter wedding?) A good idea is to ask engaged friends when they are getting married so you can avoid those dates!
6. Buy a Wedding Organiser!
- If you’re anything like me and you have a terrible time trying to keep track of everything that you need to get done then you definitely need to buy a wedding organiser. They will keep you on track and organised! This way you’ll make sure you’ve ticked all boxes and are sure to make your vision come to life!
7. And FINALLY… Say Yes to the Dress!
- Go shopping for your dream dress! Here at Bella Bridal we encourage brides to come along when they feel it’s the right time to buy. Don’t come too early as you don’t want to miss out on the latest fashion trends! Normally a dress takes around six months to arrive once it’s ordered so don’t delay, call 01786 358676 to book an appointment now!